Tuesday, July 19, 2005

R&B Ballads - #6

#6

Jodeci - Love U 4 Life

1995

Now it's all in the past
Now I know our love will last


Woo-hoo!: This song has quite a few instruments that come together to give it a great "jingly" feeling (that's a musical term). I've heard other songs try to do this, but they always get it wrong. The song is finished perfectly when most of the instruments stop playing and allow Jodeci to show off their harmonic skills (not on the harmonica, but in harmony).

D'oh: I vaguely recall the video to this ditty. Someone from Jodeci, probably K-Ci (Devante never got any respect) was marrying T-Boz. I'm pretty sure there was some relationship there that I'm not aware of, but T-Boz is annoying. Also, they really should have titled it "Love You for Life". Did they first type it out on AIM or something? No need to be that lazy.

The Deal: If I am not mistaken, on the album the last line is "Cause your love is why" and that is immediately followed on the next track by "I live". I forget what the next track is, but I always thought that was an interesting thing to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home