Friday, November 26, 2004

R&B Ballads - #13

#13

Boyz II Men - End of the Road

1992

Will you love me again like you loved me before?

Woo-hoo!: Not once, but TWICE, does that deep-voiced guy talk during this song, including an unprecendented monologue right at the beginning of the song. This is why Boyz II Men is getting their fourth mention on this list, while a band like IV Example has (and only will have) one mention. They work this genre like Hans sharpening a skate, with care and soft hands. This includes fading out the music at the end of the song to leave us with some acapella goodness. Mmm, acapella.

D'oh!: Stupid Boyz II Men. Other than that, well, I think they might be endorsing suicide with this line: Pain in my head, oh I'd rather be dead. Also, as much as I praise the talking aspect of these songs, I don't like it when he says Yes, I feel pain too. There's just something about the way he says it. I think he wants to call her a dumbass, but refrains from doing so. Just go with your gut, man.

The Deal: Good video too. I think this is a good time to mention Motown Philly, a good song which of course won't be on this list for genre reasons. That song had a good feel. Hard to describe; kind of like how Regulate had its own feel. Two different feels: East Coast Swing versus G-Funk. I liked both.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get off their jocks. They weren't THAT good.

And this song sounds a whole lot like whining to me........just get on w/ it!!!

December 13, 2004 at 7:43:00 PM EST  
Blogger GoldenGeneration said...

For your insolence I will penalize you 50 points. I may also make ever song in the top 10 a Boyz II Men song. How do you like them apples?

December 14, 2004 at 12:18:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home