Tuesday, November 23, 2004

R&B Ballads - #14

#14

IV Example - I'd Rather Be Alone

1995

Though I gave you my heart, you were just playing me all along

Woo-hoo!: A lot of emotion on this one. We may not have had this much emotion/passion since #25 Freak Me by Silk. But this is a different type: it's filled with longing and a bit of despair as well. I mean, they'd rather be alone. Can't say it much clearer than that.

D'oh!: Which song was it before that I was complaining about too much whining? I forgot, but this song has some of it too. When It just isn't fair is part of your chorus, you've got a whining problem. Also, I think they missed a golden opportunity to have some deep-voiced guy start saying stuff in there. Maybe they don't have a deep-voiced guy, but in that case, they should've gone out and gotten someone to do it.

The Deal: Yeah, these guys basically did nothing else other than this song. In fact, they're so unfamous, I'm still not sure how to spell their band name: is it IV or 4 and is it Example or Xample and are the two connected or is there a space? These are questions that may never be answered.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man.

I have no idea what this song is.

I'd better look it up before I tread further.

November 26, 2004 at 4:33:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home