Monday, October 11, 2004

R&B Ballads - #21

#21

Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You

1991

And when you find me there, you'll search no more

Woo-hoo!: There's a lot to like about this song. Firstly, the music video was wicked awesome. I was just 9 years old at the time, but I could tell it was cool cause it had all the scenes from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves since it was from that soundtrack. Also, Bryan Adams sings his little heart out. I love that part when he's all like "I'd die for you!!!" Finally, since I'm special, Bryan Adams sent me a version that is more than six and half minutes long; that's a minute and half longer than the version everyone else gets to hear on the radio and the video. Yeah, I'm special.

D'oh!: Well, that extra minute and half isn't that great, just some more instrumentals and Bryan mumbling in the background. I guess too much of a good thing does exist. Bryan's pretty lucky I allowed him into this prestigious group of artists, since neither I nor anyone else on Earth considers him R&B. The last thing that bothers me is that there are a couple of times when I'm expecting him to say one thing in the lyrics, and he says something else. For example, he should have put "Take my hand" instead of "Take my life" after "Take me as I am". Sounds better. And I still expect him to make these changes after 13 years of listening to the song. He just never does though.

The Deal: I never had a huge urge to see Prince of Thieves, but it was a film that looked pretty interesting. If someone wanted to rent it and watch it with me, I would definitely not be opposed. I never saw Men in Tights either, which is fine with me. Watching a spoof of a movie you've never seen isn't as great as it sounds.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prince of Thieves...........was an AWESOME movie. It was the first "grown up" movie I really remember watching. Except for Robo Cop. But I don't think Bryan Adams did anything on that soundtrack.

October 12, 2004 at 9:40:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home