Saturday, October 02, 2004

R&B Ballads - #25

#25

Silk - Freak Me

1993

Let me lick you up and down, til you say stop

Woo-hoo!: Unlike a lot of songs that are about doing the nasty, this one actually has some feeling to it. I mean, this guy really wants to do his woman, but he's so passionate that I also get a sense that he loves her too. Love and sex together. Who woulda thunk it?

D'oh!: The thing that I just lauded up above is also what is keeping Freak Me as low as #25. It's very sexual, which means it's really not made for what I was going for. Nevertheless, it still does well to even make this list.

The Deal: The more I look at the group's name (that's Silk for those of you not following along) the weirder it looks. Just look at it. Go ahead, look long and hard at it. Isn't it odd? Just doesn't look right to me. Like those words that when you keep repeating them, they just start sounding unnatural and weird and what not. That's the feeling I get from Silk. I think it may be the capital S that is throwing me off. Ha, I said the feeling I get from Silk. Get it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hello there Derek. I am way too lazy to create an account so I am posting anonymously not because I don't want anyone to know this is B.Leo............no wait, that's too obvious, Barry L...........ahh, that's better.

Anyhow, I very much remember this song and it is a hot jammy. I concur. It definitely deserves a spot on the list. Though if I made a list it would have basically every ballad I like just ranked.

October 2, 2004 at 5:52:00 PM EDT  
Blogger GoldenGeneration said...

Good evening B.L. I am glad that you approve of this song, much like George W. Bush approves of the messages in television screen commercials.

I had contemplated making an entire list of all the songs, but I thought 25 was a special number. And I was right. It is. So 25 it will be, and all will enjoy.

October 2, 2004 at 9:03:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home