Thursday, October 07, 2004

R&B Ballads - #22

#22

Jodeci - Lately

1993

Cause this time could mean 'goodbye'

Woo-hoo!: This is another song that I have a different than normal version of, but considering the numbers of each version on Kazaa, I think it is more popular than the regular album version. And I can understand why. It sounds like it's from something like MTV Unplugged. What's kind of odd is that it's only K-Ci and JoJo singing though. Anyways, it's good cause it's got more piano in it and it's a little bit slower than the album version.

D'oh!: Where's Devante and Mr. Dalvin? Devante was my favorite for no particular reason. Some of the lyrics could be better. Like I'm a man of many wishes / Hope my premonition misses isn't that great. I know what he's trying to get at, but that doesn't help you crack the top 20 on my list.

The Deal: I was trying to see what album Lately was off of, but I don't see it on any of Jodeci's three. I thought it was from Forever My Lady, but I guess not. Just some random single maybe? Wow, the Forever My Lady album cover brings back the memories. Actually, all three album covers do. I really thought they'd get back together. But I guess K-Ci and JoJo were happy to do their own thing. Oh well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything from Jodeci and it brings me back to the wonderful early-mid 90's. And their songs were really good. Ok. I've heard of Devante........but who in Sam Hill is the OTHER GUY???

Is he related to the third Tenor??? Cuz I don't know him either.

I used to mistake Shai for Jodeci. But then again, Shai only had like one good song n'est pas?

October 12, 2004 at 9:47:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home