Saturday, November 13, 2004

R&B Ballads - #16

#16

Boyz II Men - Water Runs Dry

1994

Some people work things out and some just don't know how to change

Woo-hoo!: Really, just a great song with a great message. What's the message? Umm, something about not waiting or something. Trust me, it's good. Also, Boyz II Men might be the perfect examples for this genre. It's all about harmonizing (which they do better than your average four Joes from Philly). Add some music that makes me want to download the instrumental immediately, and you got yourself #16.

D'oh!: Too much Boyz II Men in this list. I don't like groups/artists/teams that win a lot (well, except for the Patriots and Red Sox) and that's exactly what B II M is doing while making everyone else look foolish. Nobody has even been mentioned twice so far, while they've already got three. And we're only on 16! When will this madness end?

The Deal: Don't start thinking that I mistyped the signature lyrics. That line is repeated twice in the song: once as "Some people will work things out..." and once without the "will". I decided to use the latter, but both are good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it's a good song and all, but like all boyz II men songs it's like eating candy w/ waaaaaaaaay too much sugar in it. It's like............they sing so well, and so melodically, and the subjects of their song is always so lovey dovey, it's too syrupy sweet for my blood.

I guess I like it.

Cool music video.

November 14, 2004 at 2:06:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home