Tuesday, November 02, 2004

R&B Ballads - #18

#18

112 - Cupid

1997

Cupid doesn't lie, but you won't know unless you give it a try

Woo-hoo!: Just an overall good song. I hear it and sway a little bit from side to side with my eyes half closed, but that's just me. Perhaps other people do their own things. Slim's (I think that is the main guy of 112's name) voice just kinda rocks me into a nice warm place. In this place they have fresh apple pies and bread that is still being baked. It's not papo seco, but it's still some damn good bread.

D'oh!: What's up with all the contradictions in this song? Like "Girl if I told you I love you, that doesn't mean that I don't care" and "When I tell you I need you, don't you think that I'll never be there". I know it goes with the chorus' line of "Baby I'm so tired of the way you turn my words into deception and lies", but this is just silly. If this girl is turning all these heartfelt words into deception and lies you need to leave her ass ASAP.

The Deal: I think it was at a track meet when I first heard this song. One of my Portuguese running compatriots told me he liked it and, after I gave it a listen, I judged it not that good. Seven years later, I like it. Much in the same way I liked my steaks well done and now I can order a piece of bison medium. Perhaps the next step will be ordering some horse medium rare. And then, who knows? Bigfoot rare might sound delicious.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, room 112 where the players dwell in hell.........oops wrong song. Great group, mediocre song. But I understand that not many of their other songs qualify as "ballad-ish". Once again derek, you have managed to choose a song from late the late late nineties to the early millenium. Good era for music and members of A400A overall.

I've never had bison. But I can tell you ox tails are delicious.

Also, I forget what voice category the lead singer falls into, but it's quite rare I remember hearing. Alto? Soprano? Fettucini? Ahh those crazy Eye-talians.

November 5, 2004 at 1:01:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home