Tuesday, January 04, 2005

R&B Ballads - #8

#8

K-Ci & JoJo - Tell Me It's Real

1999

Don't let love come just to pass us by

Woo-hoo!: To talk about the good things in this song, you have to start by talking about the end. K-Ci and JoJo have been together for awhile. Earlier in their careers they were both part of Jodeci. And before that they were brothers! Actually, I guess they still are. But the point is, they have great chemistry. Their voices meld so well together and at the end of this song is where it's best represented. It's almost got an electronic metallic taste to it. But I'd drink it down anyday.

D'oh!: The rest of the song is good, no doubt, but it's nowhere near the level of quality of those last 45 seconds. In fact, it's almost too upbeat to make this list, but there was no way I was going to leave it off. They're also penalized because halfway through the song, JoJo (I think) does a little bit of singing when it's perfectly clear to anyone who hears the song he should have been talking. Deep-voiced talking will get you everywhere.

The Deal: And just to make sure you know what I'm talking about, here are the lyrics to the end of the song. These occur while the chorus is being repeated:

I'll be there for you, baby, if you'll be there for me, sweetheart
I thought that we were meant to be, for eternity, I thought you loved
me baby

And mama told me take it slow, boy, you just don't know anything about
love

If you and I were meant to be, then you would know, it was sure by the
end of this song...



PS I've read some lyrics which say the last line says "it would show" instead of "it was sure". I honestly don't know. But it's great either way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home