Thursday, December 09, 2004

R&B Ballads - #11

#11

4PM - Sukiyaki

1994

It's all because of you, I'm feeling sad and blue

Woo-hoo!: I didn't notice until recently, but the first half of this song is smothered with acapella honey, which is sweet. I also like how during that part they snap their fingers; I think cause it makes me feel I could be part of their group. I mean, I can snap my fingers! Give them some points too for, say it with me now, the deep-voiced guy saying stuff in the middle of the song.

D'oh!: Thieves! But didn't everybody and their mother do a version of Sukiyaki? (Note: it's known in Japan as Ue o muite aruko [Translation: I look up when I walk]). I guess that means I can't hold it against them. What I can hold against them is their harmonizing, which is mediocre. If they had practiced a bit more they might be celebrating their place in the top 10.

The Deal: Did you know that 4PM stands for "For Positive Music". I bet you didn't know that. But now you do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know that.........as for your apparent boner for a cappella music, I cannot agree BUT! This song as you stated is a YEEEEEEEEEARS old Japanese classic.

And the way this song is written, mediocre harmonizing is covered up by beautiful........I dunno......tones? Either way, it's infinitely catchy.

Yeah, I can't snap my fingers so well.

December 13, 2004 at 7:48:00 PM EST  
Blogger GoldenGeneration said...

It is catchy. Snapping your fingers is a snap.

December 14, 2004 at 12:24:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home