Monday, July 25, 2005

R&B Ballads - #5

#5

Blackstreet - Don't Leave

1997

What we gon' do right here is go back...way back
Back into time

Woo-hoo!: There's quite a few cool little moments in this song and many of them occur when they stop the music but keep singing. I especially like the "If you take your love away from me" part. But I also like the instrumental with the horn about three minutes into the song.

D'oh!: Since we've now entered the top 5, it's going to be difficult to find much fault with these songs. If I had to nitpick, I might say their voices sometimes sound too electronic , processed and manufactured. Like a hotdog.

The Deal: As you may or may not know, "Ain't Mad At Cha" by one 2Pac Shakur uses the same beat as this song. If I were to record a song, I might just use the same beat. Either that or the "Tears of a Clown" beat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home