Saturday, November 25, 2006

R&B Ballads - #3

#3

Jagged Edge - Gotta Be

1998

You make me whole, you make me right
Don't ever wanna think about you leaving my life

Woo-Hoo!: Don't want to give too much away about the top two songs, but this one and the top two have a common thread: emotion. The emotion in this song (as you would expect) is love, with a side of longing. And everthing in the song, the lyrics, the instruments, the beat, they all support the love/longing angle.

D'oh: Sometimes when they're singing, it almost sounds like they're singing/whispering. I almost like it, but I don't. They also have a rain storm outro their song which sounds pretty good, but it's rather random.

The Deal: This song must have come out before the internet, because I liked it, but I never knew who sang it until they're next big song came out two years later (Let's Get Married). If they had had the internet on computers back then, I wouldn't have had this problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home